Mitta Dairies is currently looking to hire a couple, passionate about dairy farming, for an established and growing dairy business in the Mitta Valley, North Eastern Victoria. If you have a love for the dairy industry and are looking to build a long-term career with driven, motivated and highly efficient professionals – this is the career opportunity you have been looking for.
This position is ideal for a couple that is looking to work together to play a critical role in building upon the success of the farm. The role will provide the successful applicant(s) the ability to join a cutting edge, progressive and visionary team. This cohesive and forward-thinking team is looking for the right person/people to bring your enthusiasm, determination and contribution to a shared vision of success and growth.
The business is an intensive pasture based operation with Jersey/cross-breed herd and operates four farms – 1000-acre dryland lease (adjoining main dairy), 640-acre main dairy farm, 500-acre second dairy farm, 1500-acre run off bush block. This job is suited for middle to senior management in the dairy business and applicants who have a broad range of skills in dairy farming will have an advantage. A house package is available for this position and the job description can be flexible depending on the skillsets of the applicant/s.
The Mitta Valley offers an abundance of outdoor recreation, good schools and a welcoming, warm community. A school bus to the local Tallangatta Primary and Secondary School drives along the sealed road and picks up at the front gate. Annual rain fall of 35", 26 km to Tallangatta, 18 km to Eskdale and 70 km to Albury/Wodonga.
· To work alongside the Senior Herd Manager and directly reporting to the Operations Manager;
· To be a part of a team that manages the daily needs of 700 cow split calving herd over two properties (milking at one);
· To be a driven and motivated couple with a good attitude and enjoys working as part of a team;
· Unwavering commitment to alignment and cooperation with Operations Manager to achieve shared vision of success and growth;
Key farm points are:
· Property located in the beautiful Mitta Valley in North Eastern Victoria;
· Attractive, well-watered property;
· Professional development and training encouraged;
· 50-unit rotary shed and 30-aside swing-over shed;
· Potential for future development and promotion;
· Comfortable home on-farm located close to dairy facilities;
· Local support available from owners/Operations Manager with a wealth of knowledge on the farm, district and industry.
This position will report to, and work in collaboration with, the Operations Manager to achieve the mutual business goals. Successful applicants will have relevant experience in the dairy industry, must have a valid drivers license, intermediate (or advanced) computer skills, and meet required visa and working rights in Australia. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants to send Cover Letter, CV and References to Charlotte Strapp firstname.lastname@example.org.