Sam had the honour of meeting with the Federal Government Minister for Agriculture, the Honourable Bridget McKenzie.
The Minster invited Sam to meet on one of her Melbourne trips last week.
We were so happy to have an audience with the Minister to champion Australia’s next generation farmers, to give hope to retiring farmers that they can stay on their farm while stepping back, to unlock locals as farm investors and to rejuvenate regional communities
We talked through the Cultivate Farms 10 point policy plan in detail.
1. Focus on non-family succession
2. Students�3. Farm succession planning day
4. Locals investing
5. Educate farm advisors
6. No handouts
7. Establish farm ownership incubation program
8. Partner with farm ownership organisations
9. Alternative options for capital
10. Activate community champions
We are very confident that the Minister had not heard of an initiative like ours before and was very keen to learn more and find ways that she can help.
Thanks to all of our supporters for backing us. Without the momentum you are giving us, we can’t open doors like this.